Painting Competition: Scout biker base.


The completed base for my scout biker. Loads more after the jump...


The base is made up of three layers, the bottom is small stones from my flat roof guttering pushed into milliput, next a thin layer of polystyrene with bits of paper clip pushed in to represent reinforcing bars and finally a layer of milliput on card to give the road surface.  The surface had a texture cut into it after curing.


The double yellow lines serve two purposes; one is to tie the base and model together as I've gone for lamenters chapter, the second is a poor joke for all U.K. residents as you can't stop on double yellow lines.



4 comments:

  1. Great job. Looks very realistic with the wear on the lines and like they were sprayed on. Still gonna add skid marks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers zab. The lines were surprisingly easy to do. I just masked them off using normal masking tape and a heavy dry brush of yellow. I'm going to put the bike on first and then see if I can fit some tracks or skid marks in....

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ha ha ha ha love the double yellow lines irony.

    we are the lamentors, and we laugh at your puny parking wardens. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wouldn't want to be the chap who had to put a ticket on his bike.....

      Delete